TD SYNNEX announced today the launch of the Passage Program, a professional service for current partners. Delivered through the TD SYNNEX Cyber Range, the program is designed to help bridge the growing cybersecurity skills gap through development of upcoming and established cybersecurity professionals.
“Globally, we are seeing a massive shortage of cybersecurity professionals, with nearly 2.7 million professionals needed to fill cybersecurity roles, according to research by (ISC)²,” said Tracy Holtz, vice president of Security Solutions, North America, TD SYNNEX. “To address this gap, TD SYNNEX is committed to delivering best-in-class security offerings, and our Passage Program is a key initiative in achieving this goal.”
The Passage Program will address the cybersecurity skills gap through our Placement Initiative and the Upskill Initiative.
The Placement Initiative is a program designed to place candidates into new job roles by providing the resources and technical skills needed to succeed in cybersecurity. This includes skills ranging from investigating alerts to report writing. The Placement Initiative currently supports career readiness and job placement for Security Operations Center (SOC) Tier 1 Analyst and Junior Penetration Tester roles.
Benefits of the Placement Initiative include:
- Candidates will be provided with skills training, industry knowledge, career consulting and a final assessment of job readiness at no cost to the candidate.
- Candidates will receive placement assistance into a cybersecurity job role that aligns to the training completed in the program.
- The initiative will help employers overcome the challenges of identifying competent and capable applicants by hiring candidates that have completed the program.
- TD SYNNEX partners looking to hire well-qualified and competent cybersecurity talent can strengthen their internal security teams through the Placement Initiative.
To learn more about this initiative visit the Placement Initiative website at https://cyberrange.techdata.com/passage-program/placement-initiative/.
The Upskill Initiative is designed to develop participants in their current roles by providing the resources and competencies to enhance and build upon existing technical skills. This initiative currently supports job readiness and development for SOC Tier 1 Analyst and Junior Penetration Tester roles.
Benefits of the Upskill Initiative include:
- The Passage Program staff and trainings eliminate the hassle of needing to spend time and resources towards developing the right cybersecurity candidate to fit the right role.
- The Upskill Initiative, including traditional products and solutions exclusively offered by TD SYNNEX, will now be available to all TD SYNNEX partners.
- Over 50 years of TD SYNNEX Cyber Range expertise will be applied to thoroughly vet the requirements and job readiness of candidates and existing staff through the Upskill Initiative.
- TD SYNNEX partners play an integral role in supporting client organizations in building their cybersecurity maturity and readiness.
- The Upskill Initiative provides partners the opportunity to grow their internal talent and support their clients’ cybersecurity practices.
To learn more about this initiative visit the Upskill Initiative website at https://cyberrange.techdata.com/passage-program/upskill-initiative/.
“The Passage Program training has helped me with the technical components of SOC Analyst job interviews,” said Jane Acutin, a SOC Analyst 1 Placement Initiative Candidate. “Working with the Cyber Range engineers who had real-world experience on the job, was incredibly valuable and built my confidence in finding the right job for me.”
The TD SYNNEX Cyber Range is the first ever cybersecurity training facility hosted by an IT distributor. It is made to serve as a platform for cybersecurity demonstration and training. By leveraging the Cyber Range, TD SYNNEX’s channel partners will be equipped with the skills necessary to design holistic cybersecurity solutions and services that mitigate the most advanced cyber threats in the industry.
Partners and candidates looking to get involved in the Passage Program and receive the technical training to advance their IT cybersecurity careers, should visit https://cyberrange.techdata.com/passage-program/ or email email@example.com
About TD SYNNEX
TD SYNNEX (NYSE: SNX) is a leading global distributor and solutions aggregator for the IT ecosystem. We’re an innovative partner helping more than 150,000 customers in 100+ countries to maximize the value of technology investments, demonstrate business outcomes and unlock growth opportunities. Headquartered in Clearwater, Florida, and Fremont, California, TD SYNNEX’ 22,000 co-workers are dedicated to uniting compelling IT products, services and solutions from 1,500+ best-in-class technology vendors. Our edge-to-cloud portfolio is anchored in some of the highest-growth technology segments including cloud, cybersecurity, big data/analytics, IoT, mobility and everything as a service. TD SYNNEX is committed to serving customers and communities, and we believe we can have a positive impact on our people and our planet, intentionally acting as a respected corporate citizen. We aspire to be a diverse and inclusive employer of choice for talent across the IT ecosystem. For more information, visit www.TDSYNNEX.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this news release that are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties which may cause the Company's actual results in future periods to be materially different from any future performance that may be suggested in this release. The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements contained in this release.
© 2022 TD SYNNEX Corporation. TD SYNNEX, the TD SYNNEX Logo, and all other TD SYNNEX company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks of TD SYNNEX Corporation. Other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Global External Communications Director