YieldBoost Clarus Corp To 7.9% Using Options

Shareholders of Clarus Corp (CLAR) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the May 2022 covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 7.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $35 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but CLAR shares would have to climb 28.7% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 32.4% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
Data & News supplied by www.cloudquote.io
Stock quotes supplied by Barchart
Quotes delayed at least 20 minutes.
By accessing this page, you agree to the following
Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.