MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET) today announced that it has been recognized as a 2022 Military Friendly® Employer and a 2022 Military Friendly Spouse Employer.
This marks a decade of recognition for MetLife’s commitment to supporting veterans and fostering a culture that honors military service. It is the seventh year in a row MetLife has been recognized for creating sustainable, meaningful career paths for military spouses.
“MetLife believes that a competitive, future-focused workplace must be an inclusive one,” said MetLife Chief Financial Officer John McCallion, who also serves as executive sponsor of the company’s Veterans Initiative. “We value the unique experiences and perspectives military veterans offer as we develop solutions for our customers, and we’re committed to supporting a workforce and communities where veterans can thrive.”
The Military Friendly lists are based on extensive research using public data for thousands of federal contractors, input from military employees, and responses to the proprietary, data-driven Military Friendly Employers survey from participating companies.
MetLife and MetLife Foundation have a variety of veteran support programs:
- MVET is an employee-led inclusion network focused on building awareness of the unique skills and experiences of veterans and fostering those skills to support long-term career success at MetLife.
- To attract veterans to work for MetLife, the company partners with organizations such as Hiring Our Heroes, Bunker Labs, Military Spouse Employment Partnership, and North Carolina for Military Employment.
- MetLife and MetLife Foundation contribute over $1 million a year to mentor veterans transitioning into the workforce, support veteran and veteran-spouse entrepreneurship, and provide access to financial health resources. The company and MetLife Foundation also support programs to help disabled veterans and provide housing and free museum access to active-duty military and their families.
- MetLife and MetLife Foundation are sponsors of the Valor Games Southeast, a national adaptive sports competition for disabled members and veterans of the Armed Forces.
- Through its Supplier Inclusion and Development program, MetLife partners with veteran-owned businesses. The company is a member of the National Veteran Business Development Council and provides mentorships, scholarships, and executive education to help its veteran-owned suppliers succeed and grow.
To learn more about how MetLife is creating an inclusive workplace, visit MetLife.com.
MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), through its subsidiaries and affiliates (“MetLife”), is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. For more information, visit www.metlife.com.