SOURCE: Fifth Third BancorpDESCRIPTION:
Fifth Third Bank actively promotes inclusion and diversity through 65 regional business resource groups overseen by inclusion councils in each of the Bank’s 13 regions and through eight virtual Enterprise Business Resource Groups led by Enterprise committee executives.
All of Fifth Third’s BRGs are focused on the following three pillars: employee development, community involvement and business innovation. BRGs are open to all Fifth Third employees, whether they’re members of the group’s constituency or allies.
The Latino BRGs across the Company have planned a variety of events and activities to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. Here is some of what’s in store:
- The Cincinnati Latino BRG will host a virtual Hispanic Heritage Month Kickoff event that will recognize the contributions and influence of Hispanic and Latino Americans. They will also host a Fiesta Latina event featuring food, music, performances and a discussion about diversity in the workplace.
- The Chicago Latino BRG hosted a school supplies drive during the month of August and they delivered the items to a local school as a way to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month. They will also host an employee celebration with the other Chicago BRG groups to promote inclusion.
- The Indiana BRG plans to support a local small Latino-owned restaurant throughout the month.
- The members of the Northern Ohio Multicultural BRG will host a session that will feature a guest speaker to discuss strategies and systems to diversify workplaces and empower Latino individuals.
- The Eastern Michigan BRG members will celebrate virtually by sending out facts throughout the month about Hispanic Heritage Month. They will also e-mail links to employees where people can learn about various Spanish-language movies, television shows, books and podcasts. They will also donate art supplies to a local art academy that supports Latino youth.
- In North Carolina, BRG members will do a virtual presentation about Hispanic Heritage Month during the Carolina Small Business Development Fund’s Celebracion del Mes de la Hispanidad. Members will also attend a local event that will feature a cooking demo of Latino cuisine.
- In Western Michigan, the BRG is hosting a hybrid virtual and in-person event that will focus on food, music and art. They will host networking icebreakers, share family history and recipies, and give raffles and prizes
Learn more about Fifth Third’s BRG groups and diversity efforts at www.53.com/diversity.
Tweet me: .@FifthThird actively promotes inclusion and diversity through 65 regional business resource groups and through eight virtual Enterprise Business Resource Groups. See how these BRGs are celebrating #HispanicHeritageMonth https://bit.ly/3FqMhv3
KEYWORDS: NASDAQ:FITB, Fifth Third Bank, Latino Business Resource Groups, Hispanic Heritage Month